Views
Helpful
Replies

cts 1300 not negotiating content channel with multiway/mcu 4505

dlongworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

An issue with CTS-1300 not negotiating a content channel when joining a multiway conference on a 4505 MCU.

(C60 and 4505-MCU registered to VCS (X8.x) w multiway enabled)

(CTS-1300 and EX90s registered to CUCM (v9.2))

Setup:

C60 successfully creates multiway conference with (invited) EX90s and starts presentation sharing.

CTS-1300 then dials C60 who then successfully adds CTS into multiway. But CTS-1300 does not negotiate a content-channel with the MCU and the presentation is show in video channel.

However, if C60 dials out to CTS-1300 and invites it into multiway then content channel is successful.

Anyone seen this before? Bug? Limitation? Operation as per normal?

7 Replies 7

EDIT: Misread the original question.

Are you using SIP or H323 for Multiway?  I remember having some issues interworking CTS/SIP to H323, specifically relating to content sharing but it was some time ago so I don't remember the details.  I do know however that Cisco recommends against it...

Likewise, check for interworking in the calls between the C60 and CTS-1300.  Maybe it's interworked in one direction but not the other?  This could explain the differences...

Matthew Jacobson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this SIP only or is there interworking? CTS endpoints will only use TIP for presentations by default. If they can't negotiate BFCP properly, you will fall back to PiP.

You might need to configure BFCP properly on both the VCS and CUCM in the device and trunks/zone profiles. Otherwise, the CTS 1300 will only be able to show PiP. In the deployment guide for CUCM with VCS for any versions, it has a step by step config guide. Also, in the CTS device profiles, you will need to enable BFCP in the SIP profile.

There could be a lot more going on, but this is a good place to start. 

Hi Matt

I found this bug, CSCue20975 (CTS not displaying content when joining MCU w/ content share active), who's symptoms and conditions are slightly similar.

However the bug is for CTS 3000. It says it's fixed but with no version shown and the latest release notes show no bug-resolution.

Would you be able to confirm if I'm hitting this bug or not?

Or maybe it's CSCuh64139. A conflict in BFCP server mode?

dlongworth
Level 1
Level 1

Thx Matt and Nick for your replies.

It's a SIP-only environment.

BFCP has been enabled on all devices and functions fine.

I've followed all the installation guides and double-checked them again for good measure.

The issue only appears on multiway conferences and as I mentioned before only when the CTS-1300 calls the C60 (which is already in the multiway conf) and is then added into the multiway. If the C60 invites the CTS1300 into the multiway conference, the CTS1300 successfully negotiates the content channel with the MCU.

All other presentation sharing on other conferences and point-to-point calls are working as expected.

The other thing I would check is encrypted vs. non-encrypted.

The recently(ish) released version of MCU (4.5) supports encrypted SIP content, while previous versions didn't.

You might be getting encryption in one call direction (CTS1300 to C60) and not the other (C60 to CTS1300), which would affect whether or not a content channel was supported.  In any case, I would also check the software versions on all endpoints and the MCU are at the latest.

Thanks Nick

Good idea. Will test without encryption and advise.

Hi

Encryption is disabled on MCU, C60, EX90s and CTS-1300s. Capability left enabled on VCS. However multiway was established non-encrypted.

Issue remains...

Any other avenues or lines of thought? It's feeling like a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: