Helpful
Replies

CTS 3010 Shared Presentation and Audio

danieltham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently setting up a CTS3010.

When I connect the VGA and Audio cable to my laptop, the display is fine.  However the audio is only coming out from the Center Left Speaker.

I would like to know if the audio should come out from both the Center Left and Center Right speaker or is it just the Center Left speaker.

Thanks!

Daniel

1 Reply 1

Andrew Beezley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel - Sounds like some troubleshooting will need to go into this one to isolate it.  There are a number of factors that can cause the phenomenon that you are experiencing.

Here are some things to try:

- How is the audio encoded?  Is it encoded to only be played out of one speaker? (Seperate from stereo or mono playback)

- Check the sound card settings on your laptop, is the audio set to only go out the left channel?

- When you don't connect the VGA / Stereo cable to your laptop, does the audio come out both speakers on your laptop?  If it does, then try a different laptop altogether.  It could be something with the contacts of the stero jack going into your laptop.

- If another laptop is having the same trouble, and it doesn't matter what file is being played that has an audio overlay, then try reseating the VGA-to-DVI cable on the master codec.  Check for any bent pins on the DVI end of the cable.  (Confirm also that the cable that you are using was the one shipped with the equipment and not another 3rd party cable).

- To test the speakers, you can also login to the System Administration page (Web GUI) and click on "Hardware Setup" under the Troubleshooting tree on the left-frame.  From Hardware Setup, select the radio button "Speakers" and then "Start" the test by clicking on the "Start" command button at the bottom-left corner of the page.  The system will cycle between left and right speakers and you should hear the white noise coming out of both speakers provided that the speakers are both operational and plugged into the correct ports on the master codec.

If you don't hear the white noise coming out of both speakers, confirm the wiring at both the master codec (Left = white ports | Right = red ports) and on the contacts on the display at the top.  You can swap cables (left with right) to see if the trouble follows either the speaker or the port and isolate the failure down.

Here is a link to the assembly guide for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/telepresence/cts_500/500_assembly_guide/500_assembly_guide.html

If all else fails, you can open a TAC case and we can work with you to troubleshoot live while you or a hands and eyes contact is on site.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

-Andrew