Hi Daniel - Sounds like some troubleshooting will need to go into this one to isolate it. There are a number of factors that can cause the phenomenon that you are experiencing.
Here are some things to try:
- How is the audio encoded? Is it encoded to only be played out of one speaker? (Seperate from stereo or mono playback)
- Check the sound card settings on your laptop, is the audio set to only go out the left channel?
- When you don't connect the VGA / Stereo cable to your laptop, does the audio come out both speakers on your laptop? If it does, then try a different laptop altogether. It could be something with the contacts of the stero jack going into your laptop.
- If another laptop is having the same trouble, and it doesn't matter what file is being played that has an audio overlay, then try reseating the VGA-to-DVI cable on the master codec. Check for any bent pins on the DVI end of the cable. (Confirm also that the cable that you are using was the one shipped with the equipment and not another 3rd party cable).
- To test the speakers, you can also login to the System Administration page (Web GUI) and click on "Hardware Setup" under the Troubleshooting tree on the left-frame. From Hardware Setup, select the radio button "Speakers" and then "Start" the test by clicking on the "Start" command button at the bottom-left corner of the page. The system will cycle between left and right speakers and you should hear the white noise coming out of both speakers provided that the speakers are both operational and plugged into the correct ports on the master codec.
If you don't hear the white noise coming out of both speakers, confirm the wiring at both the master codec (Left = white ports | Right = red ports) and on the contacts on the display at the top. You can swap cables (left with right) to see if the trouble follows either the speaker or the port and isolate the failure down.
Here is a link to the assembly guide for your reference:
New Feature for Webex Desk Pro
USB Keyboard and Mouse Forwarding
We have expanded the USB-C docking station capabilities of Webex Desk Pro by adding USB forwarding support for USB keyboard and mouse.
This means you can now connect USB keyboard and m...
I'm a member of the UX Research team for Webex and am looking for Control Hub users who 1) frequently use the Meeting Engagement tab of Analytics and 2) whose organization has already signed an MUBTA with Cisco.
If that sounds like yo...
Meet the Authors Event - Leveraging SBCs to Empower a Changing World of Collaboration
(Live event – Tuesday, 16th, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific / 1:00 p.m. Eastern / 7:00 p.m. Paris)
This event will have place on Tuesday 16th, February 2020 at 10hrs PD...
on January 25th and 26th, we're hosting a Technical Enablement Workshop which will guide you through the steps involved in updating your organisation from Jabber and/or Meetings to Webex App.
Very useful for partners and for customers t...