cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS 3200 1.7.1 // Audio distortion at remote end via audio cable for Shared Presentation cable

fei he
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a client report thated Audio is distorted at remote room while Audio cable ( for shared presentation cable) is plugged into local PC during presentation. Local user is playing vedio from PC, somehome, the audio of vedio played at remote room is distorted, aduio quality is really bad.

Client tried to user different PC and also replicate to multiple TP room but issue persists.

Not sure how the Shared presentation cable connects at primary codec end.

Any idea what could possible to cause such issue???

CTS spec as below:

Product Ver  : CTS 1.7.1(4864) P1

CTS 3200

The VGA and Audio cable for Shared Presentations as attached.

21 Replies 21

Hi Rafal

Thx for the link but issue mentioned in URL is not the same case our issue here.

We have tried to mute local microphone when audio cable is plugged in and starting share presentation but issue is still there. What is really confused me here is when you have audio cable plug in, you should NOT be sound any audio from labtop locally when audio cable is plugged in, right??

I've confirmed that Toshiba and Dell 6320 was working fine but not old Dell model.

Regards

Fei

Hi Fei

This link was relevant to issue with garbled audio on the other end.

When you sharing presentation audio will be hear locally as well.

I think better will be if you open TAC case now so we can do thorough troubleshooting and check logs.

Thank you

Rafal

Hi Rafal

I've open TAC already with logs attached but engineer could not identify any faults in logs. Only suggestion from TAC was replace VGA cable which we already did. Testing result as i mention at earlier.

That's great then!

Please share result with us once case is solved.

Thank you

Rafal

Hi Rafal

Issue is not with VGA cable or misconfig on CODEC, it is related to audio jack on laptop.

There could be possibility of audio jack compatibility on laptop.

Cisco does not have check list of compatibility as there are too much brands on market.

BTW, Cisco also confirmed that when audio cable is plugged in, local room should not hear audio being played locally regardlessly.

Case is now resolved.

Thx for you help Rafal.

Regards

Fei

Hi Rafal

I have tried using Dell and HP laptops and my IPad. I get the same result from them all.

I have not tried changing the other settings yet. I will try those today.

hi Haydn

in our case, audio jack on Dell and HP are not compatiable with share cable, i dont have exact model. But new Toshiba model works fine. Hople it helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: