Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS 500-32 “unable to retrieve boot image” on touch panel error

gurch.jheeta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently installed 2 x CTS 500-32 and 1 x CTS 1100 inckuding touch panels into our VNOC.  All endpoint have been registered to CUCM and as I have upgraded the software from CTS 1.7.4.1(283) P2 to cmterm-CTS.1-9-1-68R-K9.P2.cop.sgn on the endpoints I am now getting an error message saying “unable to retrieve boot image” on all touch panels.

I have run through all the documentation online for guidence but have had no luck.  I have attempted to downgrade the units to CTS 1.8.3(4) P2 but this had also made no difference.  I am also restarting the TFTP service after the files have been uploaded and before the upgrade.

Has anyone else experienced this issue??

10 Replies 10

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

What is the exact contents of your phone load field?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello,

I'm getting the same problem and the phone display shows "Unable to retrieve the boot image" on CTS 500-32.Below is the phone load field configured on CUCM.

CTS.1-9-2-19R-K9.P1

Please let me know how to resolve it.

Thanks

Murali

CTS-500-32 uses .P2 loads. The load you specified is .P1 which is used by the larger form-factor codecs such as the CTS 500-37.

Here is the load you require:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282363179&flowid=46369&softwareid=280886992&release=1.9.2(19)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Install to the CUCM

Restart the TFTP Service

Specify the Load Name on the Device Profile: CTS.1-9-2-19R-K9.P2

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Gurch.  Under your TFTP File Management for your CTS 500, which loads to do you have? In CM Administration, what is under the phoneload name for one of the CTS 500's?  If you have CTS.1-9-1-68R-K9.P2.SPA, under the phone load, can you put: CTS.1-9-1-68R-K9.P2 and leave off the .SPA?  This should load the image to the panels.  Can you give this a shot and let us know?  Thanks. 

VR

Patrick

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Initally I was using CTS.1-9-1-68R-K9.P2.SPA as per the user guide.  I removed the SPA from the end of this string and now the touch panel is able to upgrade and respond with the codec.  I have managed to do this on both CTS 500-32.  Will this be the same case for the CTS 1100-65, as this is still using the older model codec therfore the phone load string ends in sbn and SPA?

Thanks

Gurch

Hi Gurch.  If you can, leave off the .sbn for your P1 load on the older codec, and the panel should update. 

So I have in OS Administration:

CTS.1-9-0-46R-K9.P1.sbn

Under phoneload name, I would put:

CTS.1-9-0-46R-K9.P1

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

VR

Patrick

gurch.jheeta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This work fine for me.  Thanks for your help Patrick

Hello everyone

One of my clients are having a similar issue to this

They have recently installed a TX9000 which has been registered to CUCM and had a firmware upgrade however the touch panel is displaying the same issue as noted above message “unable to retrieve boot image”.

Any ideas?

HI Luke.  Under phone load name in CCM profile, if your trying to load or upgrade to like TX6.1, it would go there as:

CTS.6-1-0-90R-K9.P2. 

When you upload the image, make sure to choose the P2 image for TX9K system.  Is this what is listed in the phoneload name in CCM?

VR

Patrick

Thank you for that

I collegue sent me this instruction

Do you agree with it..?

"Press and hold the ! key for 20 seconds, it will start flashing, then press the mute key twice, this will initiate a factory reset on the panel.

While doing this reboot the codec, as both units come back up a firmware upgrade will be requested by/pushed to the touch panel"

Many thanks

Luke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: