Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS Manager or TMS

saad alam
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

if we have CTS Manager,do we need TMS.Can TMS replace CTS Manager?? are both products offer same functionality?

Regards

Saad

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

That is the idea, and TMS offer more functionality than CTS Manager.

/Magnus

sagsheth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

It is always better to go with TMS as it offer more features when compared to CTS- Manager.

TMS can add both platforms i.e CUCM and VCS. However you cannot add and manage VCS, Codian MCU , ISDN gateways to CTS-Manager

Hope this helps

Regards,

Sagar

TMS is better in almost every way *except* it cannot manage or schedule CTMS.  If you have TP server and don't want or need CTMS, then TMS is a no brainer.

It would be good if TMS could manage CTMS because then there would be no reason to keep CTS-Man around

Hi Saad,

Both devices offer different functionality .

CTS-Manager is used to manage more of Immersive Telepresence System whereas TMS is used to manage Non Immersive Systems.

Apart from these, both the devices offer various other functionalties.. and it depends upon your requirement.

Thanks,
Saurabh

nick.mueller
Level 6
Level 6

You might also consider that development for ctms and cts-manager has essentially ceased. If I were doing a new deployment I'd do TMS, as it offers (with tmsxe) essentially everything CTS-manager offered, with greater support for other video devices and a road map for the future.

NPM

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saad.

Please also note that you can only manage a system with one management system, so you cannot have a deployment with both CTS-Manager AND TMS.

If you are looking for a way to monitor the endpoints and infrastructure, then I would recommend you to have a look at Cisco Prime Collaboration 9.0 Assurance package.

//Marius