Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS-Manager snmpInBadCommunityNames increasing

o.khazem
Level 1
Level 1

I have a security alarm I can't remove on a CTS-Manager

By digging the logs and capture traffic, it seems there is an internal snmp mecanism in the device using / generating bad snmp community names

There are about 163 bad requests per 5 minutes ...

Please see attached some informations or logs / analysis retrieved from the CTS-Manager server

Hardware Model: 7835H2
Software Version: 1.6.5.0 (167)

How to solve internal requests to not generate snmp bad community issues?

4 Replies 4

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Oliver

Quick glance in messages shows issue with expired certificate mxcorporatetp:

Nov 23 09:00:00 tp-ctm-fulton local0 2 1 2012-11-23T14:00:00.093Z tp-ctm-fulton.FranceTelecomTP.local CTM_CERTIFICATEEXPIRYMONITOR - EC_1610 [meta sequenceId="39"] 'CertExpiryAlert'. Certificate name 'mxcorporatetp'. Unit 'CTM-trust'. Type 'trust-cert'. Expiration: 'Fri Apr 8 06:35:16:000 UTC 2011'.||Please delete this certificate and uplaod a valid certificate.

Also please try this link:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en

The total number of SNMP PDUs delivered to the SNMP protocol entity which used a SNMP community name not
known to said entity.

Can you attach full CTS MAN logs?

Thanks

Rafal

Hello Rafal

many thanks for your reply!!! I have attached the full logs and it is currently being queued for virus analysis.

The attachment is added to the first message of this thread.

I have also attached some picture related to the certificate alarms seen on the web administrator page

I am going to check on that direction to see how to solve this ...

Thanks

Olivier

No problem Oliver.

I will look it up. I think best would be if you could open a TAC case in parallel.

Cheers

Rafal

rosaho
Level 3
Level 3

This discussion has been modified to comply to the CSC terms of use conditions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: