cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS-SX80 EDID manual configuration

jplamoureux1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need some help here about a SX80. I have a camera connect to the SX80 by HD-SDI which is convert in hdmi to the codec. Since it is HD-SDI the EDID exchange can't happen. I need to control the camera by the control port by the codec. Is there a way to manually enter the camera data into the codec? 

I can see the picture through the codec but I still get the message "no camera detected".

5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community to get you to the answers you need faster. This community is for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and is not observed by TP experts.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

You can manually enter the camera ID by using its serial number as ID for EDID information.

You can find it in this document under page 69.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/administration-guide/sx80-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

You can assigned the camera ID by accessing the codec web interface under System Configuration > Camera Settings or via API using SSH/telnet and use the command xconfiguration.

Example :

xconfiguration  Cameras Camera 1 AssignedSerialNumber: "FTT0123456F"

regards,

Acevirgil

Thank you for the answer.

Is it for any cameras, because I might have forget to say that the camera isn't a Cisco one, it is a Sony. I'll try to set the ID like you described earlier. Thank you.

What Sony camera model you're using? So you're trying to connect it using Visca via R232 port of the codec? Not sure if this is supported. Not tried yet using third-party cameras on SX80.

There is a discussion here and not sure if will answer your question.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12343411/cisco-sx80-using-sony-srg-300hw-cameras

regards,

Acevirgil

Sony Camera: BRC-Z330

Yes, I am trying to control it by the Visca Interface with RS-232.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: