Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS1300 - VGA presentation issue [edit: solved]

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a CTS1300 system running on version 1.7.

Since a few days, we are expierencing problems with the VGA connecter which is used for a presentation device.

When we plug in the VGA cable, the laptop screen is duplicated on the TV screen, but with a red overlaying color. After a random amount of time, the screen turns back to normal.

I tried looking for the answer elsewhere, but no luck.

Is this a known issue, or might this be a defect cable?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Michael,

One test I recommend is under CTS Admin | Troubleshooting | Hardware Setup | Presentation devices

Do the VGA test

Can be the cable, yes, I would try different laptop and then replace VGA cable.

Havent seen any reports for this in 1.7

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/1_7/release/notes/cts_1_7_release_notes.html#wp42262

Hi Gogasca,

Thanks for your reply.

We tried multiple laptops, same result.  So I'm afraid we have a faulty cable.

I will do the VGA test to be sure.

Best regards,

Michael

So,

A collegue of mine upgraded the codec firmware from version 1.7.0(4709) to the lastest version 1.7.1(4864).

We did a conference call and he connected the VGA cable. On his side, the screen turned red, but on my side the presentation was normal color.

When he was not in a call and he plugged his VGA cable in, the screen also turned red.

We did a VGA test, but no result.

I think I'll create a TAC case for this, I got the logfiles.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Michael

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I created a TAC case and we got a spare cable sent. Unfortunately the same problem still occurred.

After that we got a replacement codec.

The problem is fixed now! It was a hardware issue.

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Wow, that's really interesting.

I have a CTS-1100 which has the exactly same issue, but we're running release 1.7.0.2(4719).

BTW: If it would be a cabling/cable problem, the remote guys would not have a good pic. :-)

Did the local preso look similar to mine (see attached pic)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: