Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 - High CPU utilization due to LpmTool

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

We have a CUCM 9.1 cluster and the Publisher has peaks of CPU of about 97%, I have checked and most of this is caused by the Lpmtool process (auditd was another villain but I disabled it easily); it takes up to 65% of CPU utilization sometimes and I haven't found how to stop this. I know that this process is the log partition monitoring tool but I can't figure out how to prevent this high utilization

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are quite a few things that need to be checked in case of high cpu usage on cucm:

Platform specs ( RAM / HDD / CPU ) and exact cucm version

Is the high cpu alert random or it occurs at some specific times during the day/

Output of the following commands from the server ( preferably just after the alert or cpu spike is seen )

show status

utils dignose test

utils core active list

RisDC Perfmon logs apart from the logs of the service for which the spike is seen.

Based on above it can be seen if there is any bug that you are running into or there is any other issue. You can post the details here or open a TAC case.

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

Thanks for your answer and I am sorry for not answering before. After it happened 3 or 4 times with a difference of several weeks, it never happened again, so I will never know why it started or why it finished

Regards and thank you once again

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: