Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CMS adhoc conference video disconnect

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I have CUCM and CMS setup working fine for meetings. I am getting issue for adhoc conferece video disconnect. 

We have video endpoints (DX80, EX90 and Room Kit Plus) registered with CUCM and it is integrated with Cisco Meeting Server. Below is the scenario

DevicesExtensionScenario
A-DX8011501 A dial to B and connect on video, then A dial to C to add one more participant and connect video. At this point when try to (Merge), video close and call run as audio only (mean adhoc feature working only for audio). A should get resource from CMS to complete video call.
B-EX9011502 
C-Room Kit Plus11503 

- Conference bridge registered

- Media resource have been assigned to endpoints

- DX80 and KitPlus don't have Multipoint license not installed, expecting to get resource from CMS

- Only EX90 has Multipoint licenses and video call successful.

- Endpoint Optionkey attached

Need some help

Best Regards,

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure your MRGL should use CMS as the first option?

Do you see a conference creation attempt in CMS?

Does your region allows enough BW for a video conference?

By "merge" I assume you mean you press conference a second time, right?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your time

- Yes MRGL containing CFB resource assigned to Endpoints

- I will check conference creation attempt again and get back tomorrow

- In region i tried by giving 4000kbps which don't even merge the call. I am but not sure how much BW i have to give in region. Please guide me in this meanwhile.

Merge is the option display on the DX80 when dialed to/and answered by 2nd party video call. When Merge is selected to get two participants in conference, the call get connected for audio only but video gets off. 

Best Regards,

- Yes MRGL is assigned,

- There is no attempt in CMS for conference creation, instead it shows "CUCM hosted conference" on Endpoint screen after selecting Merge option. Attached

- I configured 2000kbps for video but no luck.

- Merge display on Endpoint screen after dialing 2nd party. To get them in conferece "Merge" option display on originating endpoint, attached

- CFB registered, SIP Trunk configured and In Full service.

- MRGL assigned to Endpoints and Device Pool

- Multipoint option set in Endpoint and CM config, attached

Please follow this doc once : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/meeting-server/213820-configure-cisco-meeting-server-and-cucm.html

And verify step 9.

If there is no attempt in conference creation of cms and yiur cms integration is correct with cucm then issue is with media resourse only...

Please creeate fresh media resourse and mrgl with cms only ...and verify the same.

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3

1. When you use external call conference bridge via cucm then in inbuilt multiparty will not work and yiu have to make changes

In device to use " cucm resource grp" in multiparty option of device.

2. In MRG give preference to cms 1 or make it on top and make corresponding mrgl to device.

Can you verify this setting and also check wheter you  are getting any hit on cms or not.

Hi,

The issue was resolved by giving admin rights to cms api user and restarting call manager service.

before it has api user has api rights only.

Thanks for help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: