cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and SX Integration

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

We have an unusual issue.  We are using CUCM 10.5.  We have 3 SX20s registered to CUCM, a C40, an SX10.  All 5 of these devices are registered as Telepresence end points  We have an additional SX20 that is registered as a SIP endpoint, not a telepresence device.  From the C40 I can initial a 3-remote conference call with the non-registered SX20, the SX10 and one of the registered SX20s.  However, if I try to create, from the C40, any conference call combination with 2 or more of the registered SX20s, the devices go to audio only.  I can connect to them point-to-point and video works fine.  I have made sure that the regsions in CUCM are all set at 2560 kbps for interactive video.  Any further suggestions?

1 Reply 1

Zoltan Kelemen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

invoking a video-only conference seems to indicate that your CUCM is selecting the media resources and you may not have video enabled conference bridges available. Perhas with the SIP endpoint the endpoint's own multipoint capabilities are invoked?

I'm just guessing here.

But, if your endpoint does have multipoint license and your CUCM does not have a video enabled conference bridge, you can try to force this:
On the endpoint's settings in CUCM (Phone page) look for "Multipoint mode" and change from "Use Media Resource Group List" to "Use Endpoint"