Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM registered endpoint dial ip address

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I checked many post related to CUCM registred endpoints and ip address dialing but I didn't find yet a response to what I would like to achieve.

In near future I will migrated a customer video endpoint from VCS to CUCM 10.5.2.  All endpoints will have a DN + SIP URI. But I still get the request to keep the possibility to use ip address dialing.  Many end users are used to not use the directory/phonebook and keep using the ip address to dial.

So my questions are:

1- Is it possible to still use ip address dialing once all endpoints are registered to CUCM?

2- Is it possible to use x.x.x.x@domain.com?

3- I read that it should work if we enable H323 on video endpoints, anyone tested this?

4- Any other suggestion/workaround?  even if not supported by Cisco TAC.

Thanks in advance

Ahmed

2 Replies 2

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

1. CUCM registration disables H.323 on a Telepresence endpoint and with that IP dialing as well. With H323 disabled on the device it will not accept inbound H323 calls either (calls just coming to it's IP)

2. You can define the domain name on CUCM enterprise parameters to be able to use it in the SIP URI.

3. Enable h323 setting after registration of Telepresence endpoint on CUCM from device configuration setting to be able to receive calls by IP. But keep in mind that this is not a Cisco supported setup.

Regards,

Shashank

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM is SIP only, and doesn't support H323, so it isn't capable of dialing an IP addresses.  However, there is a workaround you can do that will allow you to dial one by appending a domain after the IP, this is documented in below example.

Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example.