Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Registered EX90 needs to use TMS Provided Directory

mesut ozcan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

In an Collaboration enviroment, EX90 devices are already registered to VCS Control and using TMS provided diroctories. 

I want to use EX90 as ip phone, thats why i need to register them to CUCM.

Is there a way to use TMS provided directories when EX90 devices registered to CUCM?

Best Regards,

Mesut

4 Replies 4

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, that's supported in TC 7.0 and later, with TMS 14.4 and later.

You provision the endpoint from the CUCM with phone book server type = UDS and a phone book address pointing to TMS, and then you assign phone books to it as usual in TMS.

Regards,
Kjetil

Hi,

Could you please share a config example?

Best Regards,

Mesut

Unfortunately I don't think you can use both at the same time. There is a setting in CUCM on the device itself to specify an alternate phonebook server but that will over ride its default setting of using UDS. If you want to use TMS, configure those settings  (documented in deploying TC endpoints on CUCM) and then in TMS just push out the phone book to the endpoint. 

If you have LDAP, and are already syncing CUCM users and have their phone number getting pulled, why not just add LDAP as a phone book source, then you can filter which entries you want to publish. 

In our environment we have two phonebpoks as we have a voice cluster and separate telepresence cluster. One phonebook is for Video Endpoints that is manually configured and the other is for Voice, synced via LDAP.

mesut ozcan
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any useful information?

What is the best way to use both TMS provided Directory and CUCM directory on EX90 at sametime?

Best Regards,

Mesut