cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM TMS Enpoints behind Expressway Edge

afadeyev1
Level 1
Level 1

We have number of endpoints (EX, SX) provisioned via CUCM 10.5.2.

TMS (14.6.2) is used for conference scheduling and monitoring as well as for phonebooks. 

Is there any way to add systems connected via Expressway Edge to TMS?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Do you mean, you want the TMS to manage external endpoints? 

This forum would help you answer your query:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11579061/using-tms-manage-external-endpoints

Regards,

Acevirgil

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS doesn't support devices using Mobile and Remote Access yet.  It's noted in the TMS Release Notes on pg 6: "Cisco TMS does not currently support devices that are behind Collaboration Edge".  Doesn't provide an ETA though, so not sure when/if TMS will provide support.  The only way possible right now to schedule endpoints that are registered to CUCM using MRA is to either add them into TMS as an unmanaged endpoint or create a manual phone book containing the endpoints.

I find this a serious limitation!

Endpoints registered to CUCM via MRA/Edge:

- cannot be registered in TMS via the CUCM

- cannot use TMS phone books

- cannot use OBTP

If registered in TMS as unmanaged endpoint with Conductor/TPS combination then:

- cannot be added to automatic connect scheduled conference if "Allow Outgoing H.323 Dialing" is not enabled in TMS

- when "Allow Outgoing H.323 Dialing" is enabled, the automatic connect conference works but the endpoint cannot be called because the Conductor refuses to make the connection because it is H.323

If such endpoint is scheduled for a conference the end user needs to enter the URI of the conference to be joined.

I wonder when Cisco will add this functionality which is present when using the VCS-C/E combination. Seems there are currently no plans for this in development...

I wonder when Cisco will add this functionality which is present when using the VCS-C/E combination. Seems there are currently no plans for this in development...

Suggest you contact your Cisco Account Manager, they can get you information regarding future roadmap items like this.