Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.6 Hiding a user from the Directory

erickwatson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We are currently running CUE 8.6. I've been searching the forum and have found one response, but it's a few years old and doesn't quite answer my question.

Is there a way (maybe in the CLI) that you can hide a user from the Directory? For example, I have my name and extension listed in the Directory and it can be looked up by entering my name. Is there a way that I can hide my mailbox or extension when a person attempts to find me in the directory?

I am thinking that you cannot do this (unless you use a third party app). 

Thanks for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My post is related to CME. You can remove the name and that should not populate the directory. You don't have directory on CUE AFAIK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You are trying to do this on the CME or CUE ? The CME directory adds entry for every DN/phone that has a "name" command configured. If you do not put a name for your extension, it won't appear in the directory.

Greeting Nipun, 

Thanks for the reply. I am working in  Cisco Unity Express - Administration Version 8.6.7.

I am wondering though, if I could do what you say in CME and just remove the name.

My post is related to CME. You can remove the name and that should not populate the directory. You don't have directory on CUE AFAIK.