cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daylight Savings Time

Kevin Kilgore
Level 1
Level 1

I know NTP is UTC is UTC is UTC, but is there nowhere within TC5.1.4 to adjust for DST?  This is for an EX90.

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

It should automatically adjust for DST depending on which city/area has been selected within a time zone.

I.e. my time zone is GMT +10, and as I'm located in Queensland, I select GMT+10 Brisbane, which gives me correct local time without DST which is Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).

If I change this to GMT +10 Sydney etc, DST is added, and time correctly displayed, but this time in Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time, which is AEST +1hr.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks for the reply Jens.  I am in the state of Alabama, which is Central Time GMT -6.  I have tried all the different location choices for GMT -6 and they are all the same.  At present, these are 1 hour too fast.  This is compounded by the strangeness that Mexico City is currently in DST, but yet when I select Mexico City, it's still GMT -6.

Sounds like the setting is either not taking - if you change the setting to something in a completely different timezone, does this stick or is it stuck on -6? - or there's a problem with the ntp server, guess you've tried another server?  Might want to upgrade to TC5.1.6 as well, you never know...

Edit: Actually, TC6.0 has just been released.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: