cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

default conference protocol when booking through TMS?

pdinapoli
Level 1
Level 1

trying to bring up a conference using TMS to book it and add participants.

the booking works fine, I add my endpoints + the MCU.

conference starts...but endpoints do not join.

when i look at the MCU - i see that it's an H323 conference - but my  environment is exclusively SIP...so the endpoints dont join.

tried to create a default conference template where I might set the default call protocol - but I dont see where to set this variable.  Saw a spot in TMS under MCU settings where i could uncheck the box for allow incoming and outgoing H323 dialing... still not getting participants connected.

Pre-configured participant status

TypeNameStatus
H.323 Central Regional Failed to connect to remote party
H.323 Florida Regional Failed to connect to remote party
H.323 Texas Regional Office Failed to connect to remote party

anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Paul.  If you can check one thing for me on your endpoints in TMS.  Go to Systems Navigator and choose an endpoint.  Once it comes up, click on the systems Settings Tab.  Then click Edit Settings.  Scroll to the bottom and you will see TMS Booking Options.  Uncheck all of them EXCEPT for SIP and Save. 

Do this on the same three endpoints, re-book and let us know the outcome if you can?

Thanks.

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Paul.  If you can check one thing for me on your endpoints in TMS.  Go to Systems Navigator and choose an endpoint.  Once it comes up, click on the systems Settings Tab.  Then click Edit Settings.  Scroll to the bottom and you will see TMS Booking Options.  Uncheck all of them EXCEPT for SIP and Save. 

Do this on the same three endpoints, re-book and let us know the outcome if you can?

Thanks.

VR

Patrick

interesting - now when i try to go book a conference and add participants...my list of endpoints is missing the C20's that I unchecked all the boxes.

then I realized...so you said uncheck all but SIP - needed to put back "allow bookings"

this worked... by forcing SIP at each endpoint -  I was able to see a scheduled conference come up - success!

thank you Patrick.

PD

HI Paul...that was a "DOH!!" on my part..should not have said ALL but SIP..glad it works.

VR

Patrick