Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Defined port for audio, video and content

Hi, everyone. 

Is there any option to define the ports that will be used by Audio, Video, and Content in Cisco CMS and Cisco SX / C series Endpoints?

We have the need to define port = QoS value. For example:

• UDP port 2000 – 2500 just for audio -> QoS Cos 5.
  • UDP port 3000 – 3500 just for video -> QoS Cos 4.
  • UDP port 4000 – 4500 just for content -> QoS Cos 3.

For your answer, Thanks in advanced.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not belive that you can fix the ports like that.  The endpoints can certainly tag their different types of traffic with the right QoS markings though which you can then trust with your network infrastructure.

See the Setup > Configuration > Network > QoS part of the web interface, or for futher info, the QoS settings on pages 133 - 135 of the SX20 Admin Guide.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your answer. 

I know, and I preffer the way you say.

I looked for in the documentation and just find the way you said. I think it's a better way.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not belive that you can fix the ports like that.  The endpoints can certainly tag their different types of traffic with the right QoS markings though which you can then trust with your network infrastructure.

See the Setup > Configuration > Network > QoS part of the web interface, or for futher info, the QoS settings on pages 133 - 135 of the SX20 Admin Guide.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for your answer. 

I know, and I preffer the way you say.

I looked for in the documentation and just find the way you said. I think it's a better way.

If you do it consistently with the Enterprose QoS Solution Reference Network Design Guide it will be a much better solution moving forwards too as it's then based on best practices and will be a lot more supportable.  

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: