cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting logs and configuration files from a CTS-unit?

Is there a way to completely "purge" a CTS unit of all logs and configuraiton files, including those stored on a previous image?

I ask because as I work in a high security environment, there are sometimes issues with RMAs etc when we need to send back something like a primary codec - we often need to get rid of IP addressing, call history, room name etc.

Optimally, I would hope to be able to do this both remotely or from the unit itself, e.g. if a unit has failed and we can't access it remotely.

7 Replies 7

hdewulf
Level 1
Level 1

Deleting the info you requested on the CTS when doing an RMA isn't possible during this time.

shashi.putturao
Level 1
Level 1

Try the "reset to factory" options under:

Troubleshooting > Configuration Issues

Let me know if this helps as I have never got a chance to try this myself.

Thanks - I'll give it a go and post the results here.

It didn't take the "reset to factory" command.

Are the log files deleted on reboot or are they kept?

Hello Nick,

If the CTS is reloaded the logs are gone .

Question was. Want to erase/purge all info from CTS , before the CTS hardware is been send out for RMA. .

Regarding the  admin command =("utils system reset factory") . You still with have the TFTP IP address when the command is executed to download the config back again.
What the customer was asking. "all NV data including user data, user config info, and calibration settings store in NV, etc. should be cleared so the device can be re-provisioned as new and fully reconfigured for a new living room environment."

-Hans

I can't get my CTS-1000 unit to acceps the "utils system reset factory" command - do I need root access to do this?

The command is "utils system factory reset."

admin:utils system factory
      utils system factory init
      utils system factory reset

Tina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: