Views
Helpful
Replies

Deny incoming voice calls to Cisco ISDN Gateway

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to avoid incoming Voice calls to my Codian MSE 8321 ISDN Gateway. Allow only Video calls to Mature.

I am able to block outgoing voice calls with the help of Video Bonding setting in the IP to ISDN rule.

But, i dont have any such in ISDN to IP calls.

Any way, i can achieve this with my ISDN GW or at the Service provider level.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to do it with an ISDN to IP dial plan rule.

If Incoming Call Type is "Telephone only": Action "Reject the call".

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

I dont have option of this in ISDN to IP dial plan rule.

Only in IP to ISDN, i have option for Video Bonding and able to deny Audio Calls out from my ISDN.

You should always mention which software version you use and how you deployed it.

I did not check if it differs which software version you use, but at least the latest is 2.2(1.92)

so you should upgrade to that version if you do not run it already.

I checked on a 3241, if I recall it right it shall have the same software/features.

In general its two rules I would add, first the rule with the same number rejecting the

phone call for the specific number and then one for the video only call to be placed to the mcu.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-02-16 um 21.59.12.png

That said, why do you want to block it? At leats with the codian MCU you also get

additional voice ports.

I would also check if it always works as expected as ISDN can signal different types

and I am not 100% sure how the ISDN GW behaves in all scenarios.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Rameez,

As Martin has asked above - what software version are you running?  I'm also on 2.2.(1.92) the same as Martin and I can see the options the same as his screenshot which is why I suggested them earlier.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.