Views
Helpful
Replies

Design conferecing system with one Conductor and three vTS 8-core

CSCO12712564
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have an organization with 14 SX10 endpoint, which need to be collect in one big conference room with 14 fullHD members at the same time.

So, it will be scheduled with the simple working solution: three 8-core vTS 4.2 servers under control of one virtual Conductor XC 4.1

My question is: can we cluster this vTS servers to reach maximum capacity of one conference with 15 fullHD screens?

Or with this configuration we can collect only 5 fullHD users at the same time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It would not be possible to cluster vTPS as this is only available for 8710, 820 and 310/320 TPS.    You could create a cascading conference and cascade to the two additional vTPS.  Note the cascade links are limited to 720p30fps Main Video and will consume roughly ~1/2 a screen license per cascade.   The vTPS the conference starts on will reserve roughly ~1 screen license total for the two cascade reservations and on each additional vTPS roughly 1/2 screen license will be reserved.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community. This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by TP experts. 

I hope this will get you the answers you need faster.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It would not be possible to cluster vTPS as this is only available for 8710, 820 and 310/320 TPS.    You could create a cascading conference and cascade to the two additional vTPS.  Note the cascade links are limited to 720p30fps Main Video and will consume roughly ~1/2 a screen license per cascade.   The vTPS the conference starts on will reserve roughly ~1 screen license total for the two cascade reservations and on each additional vTPS roughly 1/2 screen license will be reserved.

-Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: