Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Help MRA and Hybrid Call Services

bhabermann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are currently trying to implement an MRA solution as well as Webex Hybrid Call services Solution (I think). I have a basic PoC setup and working with MRA. I'm using Expressway version 8.11.3 and I've deployed it using the "3-Port FW DMZ with Single VCS Expressway LAN Interface" technique. My Cisco 8845s and Jabber clients can all connect and make and receive calls without issue. Our call manager environment consists of a single cluster but it's at 2 different locations connected by an MPLS network. Location A has CUCM-Pub, CUCM-Sub and an IMP-Pub. Location B has a CUCM-Sub and an IMP-Sub. Both locations also have a Unity server as well. Call manager environment is 12.0.1. Essentially, east coast branches route out through Location B and west coast out location A. SIP Trunks at each location for PSTN access. We have about 1100 phones and most connect via the MPLS but we are looking to reduce costs by just piggy backing off the separate data internet connection. Right now we do have some branches that utilize the VPN capabilities of the phones but looking at using Expressway instead.

My current MRA PoC exists at location A. Can I have an expressway cluster with an expressway C and E at each location or is there a better way to do this so I have some sort of HA? 

The real reason we are implementing expressway is so that we can use our current video phones and do a WebEx with that camera phone with someone else using Skype and their PC and using WebEx as the bridge being able to see each other. I hope that makes sense. For this, I think we need the WebEx Hybrid Call services? is that correct? Should the expressways that connect to WebEx be separate than the ones used for MRA? I hope this all makes sense.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

if you planning to move from MPLS to VPN then you can't use expressway cluster over the VPN and that is the limitation of expressway.

yes you can call from your video phone to webex cloud and if you want to achieve this you need MRA expressway setup with few search rules dns zones and neighbor rules.

you can get this configuration document in cisco website itself.