Helpful
Replies

Device registration cloud

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

i have some question for cloud device registration,

I want to reserve bandwidth on my perimeter internet router for Webex room endpoint calling and receiving the calls.

hence please correct me if my thoughts are wrong for below points

1. I have to reserve the bandwidth for the control ports to webex cloud and rtp going to unknown destination becz  where i will dial i don't know it is according to the business entity requirement.
  2. now the room endpoint call traffic is  going  through the ADSL line hence on the perimeter router i have to enable quality of service for this call to have more than 2 Mbps for HD calls by classifying room kit plus IP address.
  3. If i want to receive the call from another business entity on my end point which is registered on the cloud by the ADSL link then how i ensure that  this call receive the bandwidth of more than 2 Mbps. how i can achieve this.

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It is not possible to implement QoS prioritization of traffic in the downstream direction from the internet to your edge router. The ISP policer is going to drop excess traffic before it ever reaches your equipment. In the US where the fight for Net Neutrality has been lost, it would now be legal for an ISP to offer to prioritize this traffic for you; but, I’m not aware of a carrier that offers such a service.

The best you could do is to classify, remark, and prioritize traffic within your network and upstream toward the internet as it egresses your router.

Cisco also offers a QoS/SLA-protected path through Equinix Cloud Exchange as an alternate option.

Dear Jonathan

Thanks for reply, Please correct me if i m wrong.

if a HD call flows it requires 2 Mbps Upstream + 2 Mbps downstream they are considered as a separate streams and if in case we are sharing the presentation then how much it requires for the presentation.

I want to schedule a meeting with my my endpoints which are registered on cloud, how i can do that from the webex control hub 

Cisco has documented bandwidth details here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/webex-meetings/white_paper_c11-691351.html

WCH does not provide a booking interface as TMS does. You will need to setup Hybrid Calendar for both the host user and Workspaces. After which you schedule a meeting through the Microsoft or Google calendar solution that includes: 1) meeting participants; 2) the room resource mailbox(es) (i.e. Workspaces); and, 3) Webex meeting details.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collaboration/webex-hybrid-services/calendar-service.html
https://help.webex.com/en-us/nttajz6/Schedule-and-Join-Meetings-with-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Scheduler-for-Microsoft-Office-365

Dear jonathan

thanks for the link , and the way to schedule the meeting apart from those which you mentioned 

there is one more way of easy meeting scheduling if in my webex  i have device registered then while scheduling i can choose the end point to schedule the meeting or from webex teams if i call the end point registered in my webex and from room endpoint i do not remember exactly what it was i saw one video on internet that i m not able to find it.

You're thinking of Cisco Proximity, either with ultrasonic or manual PIN authentication; however, that does not schedule the Webex Room or Desk endpoint as an independent participant in the meeting. One Button To Push will not appear on the control surface of the endpoint if you forget to bring your laptop or smartphone. If you pair to an endpoint and then join a meeting you're just commanding it to initiate an outbound call.

Dear Jonathan

Yes similar to like below

"If you pair to an endpoint and then join a meeting you're just commanding it to initiate an outbound call."

From my WebEx login when i i try to schedule a meeting i can click the " use video system" as per the attached and then i can send invite from the WebEx menu to the participants then can join the WebEx link on their PC/Laptop and i will be on my video endpoint, this is what i was asking you in my previous post.

Hence to schedule a meeting in the above manner i need to login in webex meeting app ( i have a free WebEx account and i m doing that ) and have to do the procedure, if i m proposing to customer only a cloud device registration license then i will be able to schedule meeting in above manner ( if incase my free WebEx account expires)  

OR

along with the 1 no's of device registration license i have to order at least 1 no's of  NAMED USER WebEx meeting license  Please confirm

Question 2

If my device is registered on the WebEx cloud and i have a meeting with 5 participants ( 1080p)  according to the link shared figure 1 i have a single screen with sharing content so my upload towards internet will be 1.5 -1.65 mbps and for the receiving participants  they should have 1.75 mbps

Please confirm my thoughts ??? i have a doubt