Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing external URI's from CUCM via VCS-C and VCS-E

kseewald
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

how can I make a dial-rule for calls to VCS from CUCM? I mean, I can make a SIP Route Pattern with cisco.com or *.com but

I would need a wildcard for all pattern. I tried to use *.* but this doesn´t work.

Do you have any pattern which is working?

Klaus

10 Replies 10

tunderhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Klaus

I was told that *.* was a valid SIP route pattern https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3898336#3898336

I have a setup like yours which I'm just starting to test but I can't see the call hitting the VCS-C.

Cheers

Trevyn

so same to me - I don´t get any entry in VCS-C - so I think that *.* is not working at all - but I can´t

put in all possible domains like  *.com  *.eu *.net  and so on. So if you find a solution it would be very helpfull.

and if I make a pattern like cisco.com it works - also *.com is working

just for information - I use CUCM version: System version: 9.1.1.20000-5

Agreed.  I would like to be able to call any domain name suffix so listing all of them isn't scalable. 

just one more question regarding this - when put in a pattern like *.com and this works, it should also work with *.* isn´t it?

Do you have only the pattern *.* or do you have also some other pattern (even if they don´t match)?

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

I have test *.* pattern and works fine. I guess you need to review your misconfiguration somewhere else on CUCM. Enable traces and see what you discover in the logs. follow this document very carefully and you shall have a working SIP trunk

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

and another one - do you have also *.*.*  for maybe test.co.at ?

you just need *.* which is wild card for everything.

one more thing, I haven't tested for this scenario

*.*.*  for test.co.at

but this *.* worked for test.com.xx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: