Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing external URI's from CUCM via VCS-C and VCS-E

kseewald
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

how can I make a dial-rule for calls to VCS from CUCM? I mean, I can make a SIP Route Pattern with cisco.com or *.com but

I would need a wildcard for all pattern. I tried to use *.* but this doesn´t work.

Do you have any pattern which is working?

Klaus

10 Replies 10

tunderhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Klaus

I was told that *.* was a valid SIP route pattern https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3898336#3898336

I have a setup like yours which I'm just starting to test but I can't see the call hitting the VCS-C.

Cheers

Trevyn

so same to me - I don´t get any entry in VCS-C - so I think that *.* is not working at all - but I can´t

put in all possible domains like  *.com  *.eu *.net  and so on. So if you find a solution it would be very helpfull.

and if I make a pattern like cisco.com it works - also *.com is working

just for information - I use CUCM version: System version: 9.1.1.20000-5

Agreed.  I would like to be able to call any domain name suffix so listing all of them isn't scalable. 

just one more question regarding this - when put in a pattern like *.com and this works, it should also work with *.* isn´t it?

Do you have only the pattern *.* or do you have also some other pattern (even if they don´t match)?

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

I have test *.* pattern and works fine. I guess you need to review your misconfiguration somewhere else on CUCM. Enable traces and see what you discover in the logs. follow this document very carefully and you shall have a working SIP trunk

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

and another one - do you have also *.*.*  for maybe test.co.at ?

you just need *.* which is wild card for everything.

one more thing, I haven't tested for this scenario

*.*.*  for test.co.at

but this *.* worked for test.com.xx