Helpful
Replies

Dialing issue on Cisco SX20

vaib7av.shirkul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are using Cisco SX20 for TP.

I can call to remote site using IP without any issue, but when I dial IP##ext. ( 48.45.45.45##2002 ), the call is not placed,

so we have to ask remote site to call us.

Kindly suggest why this is happening or is there any setting in codec. we are not using any MCU server or any h323 gatekeeper or sip proxy.

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

IP##ext. ( 48.45.45.45##2002 ) is Polycom  proprietary dialing method which is not supported by TANDBERG/Cisco systems. You need to use alias@domain or alias@IP_address, so instead of using 48.45.45.45#2002, you'd dial 2002@48.45.45.45 - hopefully the people you are trying to call has configured their side correctly so it'll support Annex O, which happens to be the ITU standard.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

Yup, LifeSize decided to support it - it was however, "invented" by Polycom long before LifeSize existed - and as I said, it's proprietary, not ITU standards based, hence it's not supported by TANDBERG/Cisco systems.

/jens

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

IP##ext. ( 48.45.45.45##2002 ) is Polycom  proprietary dialing method which is not supported by TANDBERG/Cisco systems. You need to use alias@domain or alias@IP_address, so instead of using 48.45.45.45#2002, you'd dial 2002@48.45.45.45 - hopefully the people you are trying to call has configured their side correctly so it'll support Annex O, which happens to be the ITU standard.

/jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks for reply,

Before cisco they using lifesize and it was working,

Yup, LifeSize decided to support it - it was however, "invented" by Polycom long before LifeSize existed - and as I said, it's proprietary, not ITU standards based, hence it's not supported by TANDBERG/Cisco systems.

/jens

As you said i tried using ( 2222@45.48.45.45 ) method, but its not connecting, and i spoke with remote end engineer, he said they are not using any DNS.

ok, now in this situation what's the solution.

Thanks,

They need to configure whatever kind of gatekeeper they are registering their system with, i.e. Polycom VBP etc, to accept H.323 Annex O format. Nothing you can do about that at your end.

However, to prove that it is actually working from your end, try a test number such as 0262463194@150.229.3.40 it will at least prove one way or another if your side is working ok and that you don't have any firewall issues on your side.

Your system, if it is not registered to a gatekeeper, needs to have software version TC4.2 or later for this to work though.

/jens

Hello Vaib,

I am also facing the same issue Out bound call is not going at all,

Can you please tell me your issue got resloved also share your findings and software version

Regards

Renji

Hi Renji,

As jens answered, IP##ext. ( 48.45.45.45##2002 ) is Polycom  proprietary dialing method which is not supported by TANDBERG/Cisco systems.

version is # 6.00

HTH

Thanks