Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable DualView on calls to external party over VCS ExpressWay

Just ran into problem with not being able to receive video stream when calling external party by IP address.

After some investigation i've found out what our SDP has two video streams and remote party does not support dual video and picks second video stream as destination, resulting in no video receiving.

Any way to prevent this situation?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it from all endpoints or only some? Think I once heard about some SDP problem in TC, so maybe an upgrade to TC5.1.4 could be worth giving a try.

If this did not help, maybe the remote site is the faulty one, so they should look into upgrading as well.

If its critical, ask them to use the free jabber client from cisco, then at least they can talk to your organization

via a computer on video :-)

There might be also capabilities to limit this on the endpoint dialing out to them.

Did you try to flip the call establishment so they dial you up, sometimes that changes behavior as well.

What are you dialing a direct endpoint or some kind of infrastructure? As you write sdp it sound like sip,

do they also support h323 (ip dialing for sip is not that common, at least for the video conferencing world).

It should be possible to define a neigbor zone to this ip with custom zone profile  and set the duo filter mode to on

(and mybe also the bfcp one) + a search rule hitting that zone.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

VCS doesn't support Regex search with IPv4 format (i.e. 10\.134\.\d{3}\.\d{3}) and VCS also doesn't support IP address dialing include "0" front of any octet IP address (i.e. 10.134.200.005, where 005 has "0" front of valid "5").

However using alias format dialing and replace it at search rule(s), possible to archive what you are looking for.

priority: 1

Source: Any

auth: No

Mode: Alias pattern match

Patern type: Regex

Patter string: (12)(34)(56)(78)

Behavior: Replace

Replace String: \1\.\2\.\3\.\4

On match: Stop

Target: that new neighbour zone

State: enabled

Now try dialing far end device by dialing 12345678 (assume far end device IP address is 12.34.56.78).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it from all endpoints or only some? Think I once heard about some SDP problem in TC, so maybe an upgrade to TC5.1.4 could be worth giving a try.

If this did not help, maybe the remote site is the faulty one, so they should look into upgrading as well.

If its critical, ask them to use the free jabber client from cisco, then at least they can talk to your organization

via a computer on video :-)

There might be also capabilities to limit this on the endpoint dialing out to them.

Did you try to flip the call establishment so they dial you up, sometimes that changes behavior as well.

What are you dialing a direct endpoint or some kind of infrastructure? As you write sdp it sound like sip,

do they also support h323 (ip dialing for sip is not that common, at least for the video conferencing world).

It should be possible to define a neigbor zone to this ip with custom zone profile  and set the duo filter mode to on

(and mybe also the bfcp one) + a search rule hitting that zone.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

It is definately not a bug. It's just remote endpoint (it is not an infrastructure) not supporting dual video and simply picks up last video stream it sees in SDP. (yes, it's SIP).

Did not try calling opposite way nor 323, will do.

If its critical, ask them to use the free jabber client from cisco, then at least they can talk to your organization via a computer on video :-)

That is plan B

It should be possible to define a neigbor zone to this ip with custom zone profile  and set the duo filter mode to on (and mybe also the bfcp one) + a search rule hitting that zone.

That's i'm looking for. Who knows how to do so?

Okay, i've created Zone on VCS-E, disabled DualView for that zone.

Now i'm trying to create search rule, which will point into that zone and it doesn't work.

it's settings:

Patter string: 12\.34\.56\.78

Pattern behavior: Leave

State: enabled, of course

tried different patterns and types, with no success.

even put .* pattern, no match anyway. huh?

any suggestions?

VCS doesn't support Regex search with IPv4 format (i.e. 10\.134\.\d{3}\.\d{3}) and VCS also doesn't support IP address dialing include "0" front of any octet IP address (i.e. 10.134.200.005, where 005 has "0" front of valid "5").

However using alias format dialing and replace it at search rule(s), possible to archive what you are looking for.

Patter string: (12)(34)(56)(78)

Behavior: Replace

Replace String: \1\.\2\.\3\.\4

State: enabled

Now try dialing far end device by dialing 12345678 (assume far end device IP address is 12.34.56.78).

Added @e to the pattern, so it won't treat as local domain and it seems to be working.

Thanks!