Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable "announcement this meeting has been recorded' on CMS

Yasid.ramli1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

can we disable the announcement ivr "this meeting has been recorded" on the cisco meeting server??
because my customer needs a host can self silent but not detect other audiences.

now we running CMS 2.8.1

thanks

2 Replies 2

kwallen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you explain in more detail the reason for the need to remove the IVR? You may be able to put a silence file there but give it the same name. I think all of the files listed here HAVE to be there for them to work. Pg 16

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Customisation/Version-2-8/Cisco-Meeting-Server-2-8-Customization-Guidelines.pdf

You would want to understand the legal ramifications of doing something like that though. Recording of audio/video of someone without their knowledge and consent is illegal in most states/countries, hence the need to play the alert for participants who do not wish to be recorded. Can you explain in more detail the reason for the need to remove the IVR?

sorry for the comment so late ,  

The problem arises when the participants connection to meeting is flapping or intermitent  or when multiple paricipant trying to connect,  it play's this recording message which annoys the connected participants.

A 2 sec silence wav file is good,,,i just replaced  it under \inetpub\wwwroot\Branding\Call_customization\meeting_recorded.wav,,

we need to have callbranding api which tell CB  where to look for it ...and restart the CB for the file to be effective..it is working .