Views
Helpful
Replies

disconnecting and rejoining a cenference

faghouri83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

A while back I installed a few telepresence endpoints, an MCU, TMS and VCS-C and VCS-E devices. To create a conference for 4 endpoints, the customer would log in to the TMS server or add the email addresses to microsoft outlook to schedule one in. 

However the issue we have is when the conference is created. Lets say user A wants to leave the 4-way conference and wants to join the same conference again in another room on a different endpoint. The only way for him to do this is to use dial sip uri being used by the MCU for that specific conference. This for the average person is not ideal. 

What I would like to know is, is there an easier way to rejoin a conference on a different endpoint once disconnected? 

Thanks

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

What version of code are you running on the endpoints, I would upgrade to the latest version and use one-button to push as a conference joining mechanism and see if that will work for you. I believe you will see the meeting progress on the touch panel.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George

Thanks for the reply. I dont know the exact version of software but they have all been recently upgraded to the latest version last week. 

Where would I set up the initial one-button? In the tms? Also would i need to upgrade any licences? Would this feature allow an endpoint that wasnt initially added to the conference to join an existing one? 

Thanks 

It should be on TMS, under Administrative Tools ->Configuration -> Conference Settings and Default reservation for Scheduled calls.

Please rate useful posts.

You could use One Button to Push as George has mentioned, but the other endpoint that the user wants to move to would still need to be added into the TMS conference in order to use that feature.  You would set the connection method in TMS when creating the conference to use OBTP, it doesn't require any extra licenses.

If you don't want to use OBTP, I believe you could add the endpoint into the conference within TMS and set it to not connect, so when they go to that room, he can go into the meetings menu and join manually because the endpoint has been scheduled in the conference.