Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need a license for Loadbalancer and XMPP Cisco Meeting Server

Colinzhong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have one single combined CMS and would like to have another one. Then I will have two Single Combined servers. If I deploy them all in the Internal network rather than DMZ, I need to have Collab-edge server which I don't know if it requires any licenses. Are two single combined servers in Internal and one Edge able to support CMA and WebCRT through the Internet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Most of the CMS components themselves don't require a license, but they do require an activated Call Bridge.  If you check the CMS Configuration Guides, they cover what components require a license and what requires an activated Call Bridge.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

danny.yf_li
Level 1
Level 1

You can deploy CMS core in internal network and put CMS edge in DMZ. CMS edge requires no license.CMS requires license for callbridge, branding, recording and streaming only. However, you do need a activated callbrigde in order to deploy XMPP.

You can also put a single combine CMS in internal network, and use expressway-E as the edge sitting in the DMZ.(This is cisco recommended deployment)

Thank you! I am still a bit unclear. Expressway will only work for WebCRT.
I will still need CMS Edge in order for CMA to work.
Can I just make one Edge sever for both and two combined servers in
internal network? If so, the Edge needs TURN . Is a license required for
enabling TURN on Edge?

Most of the CMS components themselves don't require a license, but they do require an activated Call Bridge.  If you check the CMS Configuration Guides, they cover what components require a license and what requires an activated Call Bridge.