cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do i need an CUCM for the implementation of a Telepresence 1300 system?

lcuevas1
Level 1
Level 1

can I install a telepresence system in an office with a UC560 or simply not use any call agent in the implementation of a telepresence system 1300?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

With CTS endpoints you MUST use cucm to register the endpoints and callmanager will manage the endpoints firmware, traffic marking, speed disls, midlet and all other options and required to let the CTS man access these endpoints for booking and call control for point to point and multipoint calls

About using VPN recently this is being allowed by cisco I think mostly for single screen endpoints you can search for telepresence over broadband for some cisco white papers

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

this is a link for implementing Telepresence over Broadband

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/TNS_x_BB_whitepaper.pdf

hope this help

plz rate the helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. The CTS endpoints depend on CUCM in the current software releases. Direct peer-to-peer is unlikely to happen; however, you may see Tandberg VCS or TelePresence server support in the future.

The data sheet states CUCM in Table 1.

Thanks Jonathan, this is for a branch office in other country , could i connect the new CTS1300 at that branch office trough VPN to the Main Office's CUCM for this solution?

Hi

With CTS endpoints you MUST use cucm to register the endpoints and callmanager will manage the endpoints firmware, traffic marking, speed disls, midlet and all other options and required to let the CTS man access these endpoints for booking and call control for point to point and multipoint calls

About using VPN recently this is being allowed by cisco I think mostly for single screen endpoints you can search for telepresence over broadband for some cisco white papers

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

this is a link for implementing Telepresence over Broadband

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/TNS_x_BB_whitepaper.pdf

hope this help

plz rate the helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: