Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Documentation for Cisco Tele presence Infrastructure

Not applicable

Hi Everybody ,

We have a Video Conferencing network without any documentation that I need to streamline . Any suggestion to what kind of documentation I can start working on . If somebody has any templates that would be highly appreciated . We have the following :-

1- Cisco Telepresence Codec C90               Qty=12

2- Cisco Telepresence Codec C60               Qty=12

3- Cisco Telepresenc   Codec C40               Qty=6

4- Cisco VCS Cluster                                 1 Cluster ( 2 VCS units)

5- Cisco TCS Cluster                                  2 Clusters ( 4 TCS Units)

6- External Storage for the TCS

Best regards

Aziz ur Rehman

5 Replies 5

deamanga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aziz

You need to connect to the Cisco site or search in Google  to upload any user or admin guide related to your equipment’s everything is available online.

regards

Dean

Hello,

The user documentation for the TelePresence products is found here: www.cisco.com/go/telepresence/docs
The user documentation for the TelePresence C Series is found here: www.cisco.com/go/cseries-docs

Regards,
Margareth Wennersteen

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Not applicable

Hi Guys ,

The thing is the VC network is already configured . I am looking for  an "As-Built" template in which i can fill in all the configuration done on the Codecs and infrastructure equipment . I hope that clears things out a bit ..

Best Regards

Aziz ur Rehman

Hi Aziz, You may want to consider deploying Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) in your N/W to manage the devices you have. Pls refer to the following URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11338/tsd_products_support_series_home.html for TMS documents.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

Adam Wamsley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Aziz,

If you do not have a TMS, for the codecs and VCS you can log into the CLI and do an xconfiguration. The xconfiguration will give you a list of all the configurations you can do for that codec or VCS. You can put this into notepad and edit the settings to whatever you desire (most likely the generic settings you'll want to put on each codec). This can then be pasted into the CLI of each codec and VCS (remove the ".*" before copying over). After this is done you can then go in and add any specific settings you want for each codec such as the IP address/URI/etc. This is essentially a generic way of doing it without a TMS.

You can refer to the API guide for what the xconfiguration commands are.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/api_reference_guide/codec_c60-c40_api_reference_guide_tc51.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Command_Reference_X6.pdf

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: