cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does C20 SX20 C40 codec can be registered to CUCM externally

rashmi814
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco video telepresence system with endpoint registered to CUCM. With MRA, you can have IP phone deskphone and DX series endpoint registered to CUCM using MRA externally. I have C20, SX20, C40 and C60 codec and MXP95 thirdparty endpoint regsitered to CUCM. Can I registered this endpoints in CUCM from external network. With newer endpoints you can have cloud capability. If yes, how can I registered to CUCM from external network?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can register TC and CE based endpoints to CUCM through MRA, however the MXP and thrid-party systems aren't supported.  Take a look at the Collaboration Edge TC-based Endpoints Configuration Example, for CE based endpoints the process is the same.  For the most up to date list of endpoints that support MRA, refer to the Expressway Data Sheet

Thank you. I have another question regarding registering TC/CE based endpoint to internet. e.g. If I get IP address and access to internet when I take this endpoint to external network. I know SX10/20 had that capability where you can get IP address and access to internet and you can dial any SIP URI to make call. You do not need any call control to register codec. Is that something available with TC/CE endpoints.

You can configure the endpoint to be standalone, which isn't registered to any call control server such as CUCM.  For the required configuration that has to be done on the endpoint and firewall. take a look at Vivek's post here: sx20-standalone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: