cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Room Kit Plus support 2 cameras?

Alberto Guzman
Level 1
Level 1

We all know that the room kit plus comes with a Quad camera. The question is, can i add a 2nd camera? like the precision 60? Thanks in advance

30 Replies 30

Hi Mike, regarding your use of two quad cameras, what was the reason you picked these over using two P60 cameras for the wide view of the room? 

I wonder if anyone has found a single wide angle camera (~120 FoV) that will work with a Cisco RK? This would be to allow a two display (people and content) room. Would like to try one that has dewarping and best overview, like the Huddly IQ or Polycom EagleEye Cube.

The room is a large split scenario with 2 RK Plus, so they naturally came with the Quad camera.
I have the room setup with the divider creating two completely separate conference rooms, and when the divider is open, the master RK+ takes over and the macro combines the video feed, and also distributes the audio to both audio out on the soundbars, so it covers video and audio in one macro and no need for extra sound reinforcement.

I also made the layout so that with the FoV of the quad cams, the stitched image almost looks natural with some minor skewing.

Thank you, and some additional questions.

Do you matrix switch or DA the second Quad camera and P60 presenter camera to the main codec when in the room combined mode?

Is the audio out of the main codec direct connection to second codec? Is the main Touch10 volume control effective for both Quads?

I have a 4x4 HDMI matrix as there are also 4 total TV's. It is an Atlona system, which allows me to send HTTP POST commands to control the switching

So cabling is
Qaud Cam + P60 > Input 1/2 on RK #1
- Quad Cam 2 (port 2) > Input 3 on RK #1
Qaud Cam + P60 > Input 1/2 on RK #2
3.5mm audio RK#1 > 3.5mm audio Quad Cam #2

HDMI Out 1/2 RK #1 > HDMI In 1/2 Matrix
HDMI Out 1/2 RK #2 > HDMI In 3/4 Matrix
Matrix HDMI Out 1-4 >> TV 1-4

The UI editor I have a full panel for chaning layouts.
The basics are Split Room vs Combined Room.
In Split room, it sets the majority of settings back to default and proceeds as usual.
IN combined mode, we do the following:
Mirror TV 1&2 to TV 3&4
RK#1 Loudspeaker Out > On
RK#2 Local Audio disabled
HDMI Matrix Source 1/2 > Remote Output 1.

I might have missed a few things but thats the high level of it.
Note as I mentioned, speaker track is off, and both quad cams are a static, non movable picture.

Thanks for the extra detail, this is excellent.

Good to hear of a matrix switcher that can be directly controlled from the codec. I believe I saw that Cisco has added direct support of some switchers to expand video inputs.

Did you find a means to send commands from one codec (combined active one) to the other for audio control or change the second codecs Touch10 UI while in combined mode?

Here's a very quick and nasty diagram.

The Codec's camera LAN connection goes to a small switch.  Both the cameras also connect to this switch.

The main LAN port on the codec will need to be connected to your main network.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yeah, you can easily use two cameras. in fact, I am using two cameras at the same time and right now I dont have any issue from it. But you need to ask an expert too. 

When connecting two camera with a switch in the middle do you get both camera coming up on the Touch 10 with camera control capability?

As long as its an unmanaged switch, the codec will pick up both. Most of mine are run through a cisco sg110-5 without issue.

@Mike_Brezicky wrote:
As long as its an unmanaged switch.
A "managed" switch will work fine if it is configured correctly, it doesn't have to be an "unmanaged" switch.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne & Mike.

I can't see anywhere to mark as answered?

Is it because I didn't create the thread?

@EricRolzhauser0769 wrote:
I can't see anywhere to mark as answered?

Is it because I didn't create the thread?

Yes, only the discussion creator can mark a thread as "answered".  But anyone can mark the individual replies as "Helpful" to assist others in finding the relevant content.

Wayne

true, but you correctly configured is to remove all config and make the ports in essence un-managed, or a dedicated vlan for just the codec and cameras.

yes, you can connect up-to 3 cameras with Codec plus. but the questions are 1. which all 3 HDMI ports we can use it for camera connectivity. 2. How to connect extra Cameras with Codec Plus through Ethernet (Rj45 Camera Control) all the questions are coming to our mind because we have only one port each, specifically used for camera traffic.

Ans : Check the attached picture. extra HDMI input (on codec side) which are using from Laptop connectivity, we can change the connection from PC to Camera from GUI and complete the implementation.See, all the attached.

user HDMI 1 input "Camera Sign" for Quad Camera always.

camera connectivity.jpgsetting from gui.jpgextra switch for camera control.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: