cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the ethernet cable carry the audio to the quad camera?

Scott Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

Does the ethernet cable carry the audio from the codec to the quad camera?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

I'm answering my own question;

"Connect the HDMI cable between the camera and the codec. The cable transmits video from the camera to the codec, and audio from the codec to the loudspeakers in the camera (Audio Return Channel - ARC)."

View solution in original post

@Scott Nieto wrote:

"Connect the HDMI cable between the camera and the codec. The cable transmits video from the camera to the codec, and audio from the codec to the loudspeakers in the camera (Audio Return Channel - ARC)."

That's correct - see the Tech PDF attached to this post which describes how the audio can work with the Quad Camera on Codec Plus or SX80s.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ethernet port on Quad Cam is for camera control. What exactly you are trying to achieve. 

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 12.43.01 PM.png

Response Signature

Having audio problems. Which cable carries the audio signal from codec to camera?

Basic cable set-up from/to quad camera is power cable in, hdmi cable out, ethernet cable in/out. I keep losing audio, but I do have it sometimes. I'm wondering if the hdmi out carries the audio in, or is the ethernet cable bringing the audio in?

Scott Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

@Scott Nieto wrote:

That's correct - see the Tech PDF attached to this post which describes how the audio can work with the Quad Camera on Codec Plus or SX80s.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.