cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Webex Room 55 only function with some Cisco service ? Not device to device ?

smyttie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

our organisation replaced two old video presence devices (which worked device to device) with Webex Room 55 devices. We need to install them on a network which is not connected to internet. Furthermore, we do not run any (Cisco) services on that network.

We were used to work with two devices which connected directly do one another (Cisco SX10, I believe), but I cannot find how to do this with the new devices. They seem to require one of the on premise services that Cisco provides.

Or is there a way to make them talk directly to eachother ?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can set them up as "Standalone" devices, then you should be able to direct IP dial between the two of them on your local network.

If you do a search for "SX20 standalone" in these forums you will find a wealth of information that will help with the settings you need and are relevant to most of the Cisco endpoint line-up, not just the SX20 that is mentioned in the title.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi, 

We have a scenario where multiple devices registered to webex cloud and one Codec pro device is setup standalone mode. 

We want to enable dialing between webex registered room devices and this particular standalone device. All have IP connectivity. However, when tried calling from standalone device using IP, call fails. I see webex registered devices use "spark" protocol, while standalone devices has SIP/h323 dialing, will this be the case ?

Recommend you to create your own post to ask your off topic to the OP question. It’s not a good practice to jump in on someone else post with an off topic question.

Response Signature