Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubts with TMS

Hi all,

Last weekend we upgraded our CUCM from version 7.x to UCS with version 8.6.2.20000-2. We are still using the CTSManager but we want to test the CTS endpoints with the TMS. The problem is when we discover the CTS room with the TMS... we lost the booking meetings of the CTSManager and appears the booking meetings of the TMS, and this is a problem,  because all our CTS endpoints are using the CTSM. Our idea is discover the endpoint in the TMS and desactivate the booking for the CTS endpoint. I have tried to desactivate the option "allow bookings" but the problem still happens. Do you know if is possible to use the CTSManager with the endpoint discovered in the TMS?

Also, if the discover is possible without affect the CTSManager bookings, i want to use the phonebook of the TMS and forget the directory of the UCS... do you know where can I activate the TMS for the CTS? In the videoconference systems registered in UCS I can access via website to the endpoint and in the provisioning feature of the advanced tools, i can select the TMS or the UCS. But I don´t know how can I do it for the CTS.

The current version for the CTS endpoints is CTS 1.8.2(11)

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

CTMS and TMS are not supported together as you already discovered. I think there are some discussions in this forum discussing the same topic.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you for your quick response Magnus.

Regards

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you know if is possible to use the CTSManager with the endpoint discovered in the TMS?

Mixing TMS and CTSman will get you into problems, as both management systems will push conflicting appointments to the endpoints. This is not a supported configuration.

i want to use the phonebook of the TMS and forget the directory of the UCS... do you know where can I activate the TMS for the CTS?

If you provision your endpoints from the Cisco Unified CM, you'll get UCM phone books only. It is not possible to get TMS phone books for CTS systems.

Regards,

Kjetil

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Roberto,

In addition to the issues you've found, my custoemrs biggest unreolved issue with TMS, is the inability to schedule a B2B meeting such as you would in CTS-Man for a TP Exchange call. TMS doesn't seem to have that sort of call flow to allow it to call an external number without trying to use one of it's managed MCUs.

Robert is right.

This lack of the most basic type of booked call in CTM still does not exist in TMS.

Why isn't it there, and when can we expect this functionality in TMS?

It is a giant roadblock keeping many customers on CTM from upgrading or migrating to TMS, as a "one leggeded meeting" scheduled to send a call into a TP Exchange is one of my customers primary use cases for CTS, CTM and Telepresene as a whole.

Why after so long is this still missing????

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: