cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downgrade C20 from 5.x to 3.x - “Corrupt software-package uploaded.”

mikaello
Level 1
Level 1

I have to downgrade my C20 from 5.x to 3.x because in 4+ version I has issues with video-freeze during 5-7 minute of a call when I connects to Sony codec (G50). When I had 3.x version it worked fine. My devices were shipped with 3.0 version.

When I try to upload old firmware (3.x) using codec’s web interface it shows me “Corrupt software-package uploaded.” I downloaded all 3.x firmware files – each file had the same result. How I can to downgrade to 3.x?

6 Replies 6

jtslaylmco
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue with an EX90. I have tried every file as well. Can anyone help?

Have you try upgrading software by directly uploading software on EX90 by using SCP instead of upgrading from Web GUI?

If you are using Windows, then WinSCP is probably most friendly application for uploading software to EX90.

If you are using MAC, there are several similar application (fireftp, Cyberduck, etc.) and you may also create WinSCP.app by using WineBottler (to use WinSCP on MAC).

For software upgrade procedure by using WinSCP, please refer to https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24297 or https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15643 (Endpoint Technical Handbook).

BTW which TC3.x software are you trying to downgrade on your EX90?
Please note if you have newer HW (system ship out from Cisco with TC4.0.4 or newer version) may not compatible with old TC3.x software “except” TC3.1.4 (additional information is available on TC3 release note).

jtslaylmco
Level 1
Level 1

Downgrading via WinSCP worked like a charm! Thank you!

Great and thanks for sharing the result which will be useful tip for other may experience same error/issue.

mikaello
Level 1
Level 1

I found solution.

I downgrade it from 5.x to 4.x, then from 4.x to 3.x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: