cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrading DX80 from Android to CE8

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I downgraded a DX80 from Android version to CE8 version because I need to have it registered to a VCS. I'm noticing after the downgrade that I no longer have options for Wi-Fi. Is there any way to re-enable this feature on CE8 on a DX80 using API commands? Does anybody know if Cisco is looking to add this feature on DX80's on CE8 versions in the future? Will it be sold as an option?

4 Replies 4

Hi Steve,

WiFi and Bluetooth are not work for CE8 software. But Cisco promise add them in feature releases for CE software.

br Oleksandr 

Hi Steve,

you an refer the link

https://ciscocollab.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/ce-8-2-code-on-the-dx70-and-dx80/

regds,

aman

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To see a full list of features that are available for the DX70/80 when running CE software compared to those with Android, refer to the CE8 Release Notes.  Cisco is working on bring more Android features over to CE, but will take some time, I believe the next release they're trying to add wifi and bluetooth support.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Due to the development timeframe, the CE8.2.1 software for the DX80 was released with a few of the features missing, but the most common features present.  The developers are working on implementing a lot of these missing features (notably Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Headset support) which may appear in future software releases, but for now, the DX80 needs to be on a wired network.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: