Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Driver for PrecisionHD 1080p 4x

Hi

Does anyone know which driver I could install to use a PrecisionHD 1080p 4x as a webcam? Windows detects it as an USB video camera but I can't get the video stream from it. I know it's probably an unsupported feature, but maybe someone has a clue!?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

The only details I can find for this is that the USB is slated as "for future use". Have you connected it via HDMI? Same results?

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

These cameras don't support video over the USB - you need to get it via the HDMI port on the camera (with a suitable HDMI capture device).  If you want PTZ control, then you'll need to use a serial connection and VISCA commands.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Highlighted

There is no HDMI port on this camera, only USB.

I confirm it works on Windows10 unfortunately not on macOSX Big Sure.

Any solution and when ?

Highlighted

Thomas the 4X camera does have an HDMI out - take a look at page 7 of the camera guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

As for when any other functionality will come from this, I would not expect anything new. This camera was used primarily with the SX20 which has been obsolete for a while (end of sale was over a year ago). 

Highlighted

@Thomas75538 wrote:

There is no HDMI port on this camera, only USB.

Are you able to confirm the model of the camera then?   The PrecisionHD 1080p 4x camera (as linked in @Patrick McCarthy's post) has HDMI.  Perhaps you are referring to a different camera?   Perhaps the PrecisionHD USB Camera?  If it's one of those, they're now an end of support device too.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Content for Community-Ad