cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual SpeakerTrack 60 Setup??

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

I talked with a Cisco rep at a convention this past May who said there will be a release coming out at Cisco Live on setting up two SpeakerTrack 60's on one endpoint (SX80 i presume).  Has anyone heard about this option yet?  I have a few classrooms that could benefit from this type of setup and would love to see it in action, but nothing from Cisco at this point.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you sure it was dual SpeakerTrack?

There isn't a solution aS of yet, nor one that I'm aware of that allows for dual SpeakerTrack. However CE8.1 introduces PresenterTrack which might be what your rep was refering to, and can work with SpeakerTrack. PresenterTrack allows for the automatic tracking of the presenter by the use of a third Precision 60 camera in the rear of the room, refer to the CE8 Release Notes for more information. 

That could be, let me check on the release notes.

Doesn't this sound like the white boarding feature on the SX80's?  The rep may not have had all of the facts yet either at that point in May.

PresenterTrack PresenterTrack is a feature that enables one of the cameras in a SpeakerTrack 60 or Precision 60 camera to digitally track a presenter/instructor within an overview image on a stage or in a room. This allows the presenter to walk freely within the tracking area while the camera is tracking the presenter. Note that the camera will not physically follow the presenter as the tracking is done digitally. The feature is configured from the endpoint’s web interface. We recommend being present in the room while the feature is configured. The feature is configured by selecting a trigger zone in the configuration wizard; an area within the overview image that activates PresenterTrack when a face is detected. Once the trigger zone has been selected the feature can be activated and deactivated from the Touch 10. Note: The PresenterTrack feature is only available from CE8.1.0 and requires a SpeakerTrack 60 or Precision 60 camera. The SpeakerTrack and PresenterTrack feature will not be active at the same time unless the endpoint is configured for "Briefing Room" mode

Whiteboard and PresenterTrack are different features within the SX80.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: