Views
Helpful
Replies

DX 70 HDMI Ports

twiesboeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Team,

Does anyone know how the two HDMI ports on a DX70 can be used ?

There is only this discription in the "User Guide":

=========

 HDMI computer connection  HDMI external monitor connection

To share your PC (Mac) desktop or any other source that uses HDMI, connect that device to the HDMI In port of your DX device.

See the Introduction of this guide for more information.

=========

So i can use this DX70 for content in a conferenc with a external pc.

The PC has only one HDMI connector.

But the screen on the DX70 is very small so is it possible to use the two

HDMI Ports for Switching trough the content to an external bigger screen ?

or will i need HDMI-Splitter for this ?

Best Regards Thomas

3 Replies 3

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hey twiesboeck,

With the current iteration of the DX70, the HDMI in can be used extending the source to it as a secondary monitor.  However, I don't believe that sharing through WebEx let's say is enabled yet.  The HDMI out is used to extend the DX source (Android interface) to a big screen.  Does that help?

Tim

Hello Tim,

I have the same question :-)

The screen on the DX70 is very small so is it possible to use the two HDMI Ports for Switching trough the content from connected laptop (as source) to an external bigger screen ?

or will i need HDMI-Splitter for this ?

Maybe You know, is it possible to show shared presentation (from laptop via HDMI in), and show it to external screen (via HDMI out), but at the same time collaborators must be shown on the DX70 screen?

Best Regards, Arek.

Hi Tim,

I have a DX70 and can shed some light on this.

The HDMI input port can be connected from a laptop which will enable the use of the DX screen as a secondary monitor, and when on telepresence calls or a CMR enabled webex you can share the contents of your screen through to the webex meeting/telepresence users.

The HDMI output port is used to connect the DX to secondary screen, such as a TV or external HDMI monitor. Note that only mirror mode is supported with the external display. On the DX650 they support an additional mode called "extended" mode, which allows you to have different content on the external display and the DX650 unit display, but the DX70/80 units only support mirroring the display at this time.

One other thing to keep in mind is that you cannot use both HDMI input and HDMI output at the same time. If you are connected to the HDMI input for the purpose of sharing something on a telepresence call, the HDMI output port gets disabled so you cannot use an external display. When you have both HDMI input and HDMI output connections cabled, the unit will prompt you that in order to use the external display via HDMI output, you need to unplug the HDMI input cable.

Hope this helps!

If cisco is listening, I would really love it if you could use both HDMI connections simultaneously, and would also really love the "extended" mode for the external display, like what is supported on the DX650.

-Will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: