cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX 80 display issue

alexporter92
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DX80. We are using this a a monitor/phone. The issue right now is this:

The PC output is DVI and I have an adapter on the DX80. The adapter is HDMI to DVI to connect with the PC. It works fine but if your gone for a few minutes the display goes dark. When you try to refresh the display never comes back on. I can still see everything else on the DX but not the display from the PC. Restarting the unit seems to work. Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

LuckyAces
Level 1
Level 1

Can you confirm it works fine to a PC that does have HDMI (HDMI to HDMI)?

I've found actual HDMI to DVI cables work better than adapters.  I'd order one and give it a try.

fdeguzma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have the same issue, but I have jsut a driect HDMI connection from my PC to the DX80. This only happens with my laptop (other laptops do not have the issue). ALso, the issue happens every time I hang up  a call.

Is your DX80 software up to date?  What version are you running?

Is the display driver for your laptop up to date?  What brand/model laptop is it?

Given that other devices work fine when connected to the DX80, and it's only your laptop, it soulds very much like an issue with the drivers on your device, or a hardware issue with your PC - or a dockings station problem if you're using one of those, which I suspect as there are very few laptops I know of that have a DVI port on them.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Software version is CE 9.1.3 75ff735 2017-07-10

Laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with NVidia Quadro M1000M- I have tried the past few days to check for driver update but everything in the NVidia Control Panel indicates the drivers are up to date. I tried disabling the Video card and use just the native video on the CPU and have the same issues (again confirmed drivers there were up to date using Windows update)

There are a few other posts on the internets with people complaining about issues with external monitors and the P50 - supposedly fixed with a BIOS update.

See Lenovo P50 Laptops - Video/display issues with external monitors as one example.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I tried updating the drivers on my P50. The strange thing is that every other monitor I have works fine (Dell, Vizio, etc). Even though I cannot recreate the issue with my Dell laptop connected to the DX80, I feel like this is a DX80 issue and not a windows issue. As I type this I have just "woke up" my PC and the DX80 is sitting there with a blank screen (though DX80 is not asleep persay, there is the faintest hint of light on the edges of the screen).

Thenif I tap the screen with my finger, and tap on any phone number to make a call, suddenly my Windows image appears as expected.

Sadly I have gone the rounds through both Cisco support, NVidia Support, and MS support and nobody claims ownership of this issue.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: