Views
Helpful
Replies

DX 80 pairing with Touch 10

Zelig Lui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, 

Would anyone know if DX 80 can pair with Touch 10 for normal operation? If so, is there a specific software version the DX80 needs to be on?  Thanks in advance.

13 Replies 13

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The DX endpoints that run CE software doesn't support the Touch 10, the only endpoints that support it are the MX200/MX300 G2, MX700 and MX800 Series, SX Series, and IX Series.

According to this doc is not for DX http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf

But according to this doc is not too clear

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx70-dx80-api-reference-guide-ce82.pdf

Thanks Patrick for your quick response and I shall test it out anyway. :-)

That section in the API guide is covering changes that are introduced with the release of the new software version, and those changes may not be applicable to the device that the API guide is for.  The supported endpoints I mentioned in my previous reply is taken from the Touch 10 Data Sheet, you can try it with the DX endpoints, but why would you as the DX70/80 is a touch enabled as it is?

Hi Zelig Lui,

Did you tested the Touch 10 with D80? I'm planing to order it so please your advice?
gamilradman@gmail.com

DX80 doesn't support the Touch 10, as it has a built-in multitouch capacitive touchscreen for control.

Patrick is correct.  Even with the latest firmware revision (CE9.3.0), you cannot pair a Touch10 with a DX80.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

That's too bad. I'll put in to ask for that as a feature if you will. I have a DX80 that is used in a mini-conference room at the end of a table. It would be nice to have a Touch 10 with it.

The DX80 was not intended to be a conference room solution, you can request the ability to add a Touch 10 as a feature, but I don't think it will happen (especially considering how long it's been around). For a small conference room you should consider a Room Kit Mini with a good monitor. That will give you a better experience, a better camera, wider angle, etc, plus a 23" monitor is very small for a conference room. Room Kit Mini with maybe a 40" or something like that will be much better. 

Hope this helps. 

I understand your point, but telling the customer to go spend $3500 and a TV when the DX80 works just fine (video and audio are clear) just so they don't have to get up and walk over to the screen is a non-starter. ;)

We have a bunch of Touch 10's lying around. It would be easy to use one of those if it was compatible.

I was suggesting it as much to upgrade to a more appropriate screen size for a conference room as anything else. 

Assuming they are using CE code on the DX, how about proximity? it works on the DX, and you can share screens, launch and drop calls, etc. If they don't want to run it on their laptops they could simply purchase an iPad or something for the room and run it on that. Certainly worth a try. 

Actually, that's not a bad idea (proximity). It's not QUITE as good as the touch screen, but could work a little better.

vince.young
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to do this too. I have 180 DX80s that I'd like to remotely migrate to cloud. I have a Touch 10 that works well for migration of Room Systems but the DX80 requires fingers on the far end to enter the activation codes. 

ANY Help is appreciated. 

Vince

I did see this in http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx70-dx80-api-reference-guide-ce82.pdf

Administrator credentials not needed for remote pairing to
a Touch 10
You no longer need to enter administrator credentials
when you remote pair a Touch 10 controller to a video
system. All user credentials can be used for this purpose.
The administrator doesn’t have to visit the site or provide
administrator credentials in order to pair or re-pair a touch
controller to a video system.
Un-pairing the Touch 10 controller and changing advanced
settings still require admin credentials.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: