Views
Helpful
Replies

DX series and VCS

Yan Simkin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I heard a rumor that the DX series will soon support direct registration to VCS. 

Is this true or did I misunderstand something?

Thanks!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The alleged justification for the move was that Cisco (allegedly) are unhappy with the DX sales rate...

View solution in original post

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yan,

We don't have yet confirmation on this yet; It might be possible that DX android version will be replaced with CE software for DX70 and DX80. We might also get support for VCS if CE software will be launched for DX70 or D80.

I would suggest to wait for official confirmation.

Thanks,

Vivek

I believe the justification is more along the lines of that they want to phase out the EX90, but until the DX80 can be registered to the VCS platform, they don't have a replacement product for it.  I have been led to believe from a number of discussion that this functionality could be coming to the DX platform in a software release later this year to allow them to EoS the EX90.

If you really need to know, your best bet would be to have your local Cisco Account Manager hook you up with an NDA discussion with one of the local SMEs or someone from the endpoint BU.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't heard anything about that, and I seriously doubt that will be the case, specially when the preferred architecture is to move away from VCS for endpoint registration (only leave legacy endpoints you cannot register to CUCM), and move all endpoint registration to CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The alleged justification for the move was that Cisco (allegedly) are unhappy with the DX sales rate...

Didn't mean to endorse that reply, hit the wrong button, so can be ignored. 

Anyway, to your question, where did you hear this rumor? As Jamie points out, the direction is CUCM as the call control platform going forward, moving away from VCS, so I don't think they would be making the DX Series be able to register to the VCS.

A friend who's working in the same field told me so. And if you read Viveks' comment above, that's a possibility.

I believe the justification is more along the lines of that they want to phase out the EX90, but until the DX80 can be registered to the VCS platform, they don't have a replacement product for it.  I have been led to believe from a number of discussion that this functionality could be coming to the DX platform in a software release later this year to allow them to EoS the EX90.

If you really need to know, your best bet would be to have your local Cisco Account Manager hook you up with an NDA discussion with one of the local SMEs or someone from the endpoint BU.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yan,

We don't have yet confirmation on this yet; It might be possible that DX android version will be replaced with CE software for DX70 and DX80. We might also get support for VCS if CE software will be launched for DX70 or D80.

I would suggest to wait for official confirmation.

Thanks,

Vivek

Thanks Vivek, I just wanted to verify if that's possible at all.