Views
Helpful
Replies

DX Video Conference through MCU or telepresence

osw200051
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone can tell me whether telepresence server can use for the video conference taking place if we have a CCM node that DX registered on it?

If yes, what license type we need?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Sandro Nardi
Spotlight
Spotlight

The answer is not so easy, with the right version of software you can use both MCU or Telepresence Server and they both use different licensing model.

MCU use a port based licensing model (examle on mcu 5300 L-5300-4PL give you 1 Full HD/2 HD/4 SD ports) each concurrent endpoint use a license.

old telepresence server use quite the same licensing model under the name of "screen license" and you need a license for each "screen" that is using the telepresence server.

new telepresence server licensing model is based on meeting license (1 license per concurrent meeting no matter the number of partecipants, up to the telepresence server capacity), they can be Shared multiparty (SMP) or Personal multiparty (PMP) tied up to a single user. this kind of license are EoS.

btw the new platform for multiparty video from 11.6 is Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) that uses SMP+ and PMP+ license (one license per meeting) plus license can be used on on telepresence server as well.

probably not the answer you are expecting but this is the offering as is (not mentioning the Spark room offering).

rate if helps

Hi,

If we have license for Telepresence Server already. And we want to integrate with CCM, any setting documentation that can help for me?

Because I search on Cisco and google, but cannot find some related setting on both CCM & TS. 

By the way, no conductor required on CCM and TS deployment?

thanks

Based on my experience virtual telepresence server require telepresence conductor to enable adhoc and rendezvous meeting and require tms and conductor to enable scheduled meetings.

Here the configuration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/config_guide/xc4-1_docs/TelePresence-Conductor-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-XC4-1.pdf

Conductor have a free version named Cisco TelePresence Conductor Essentials its just a normal conductor virtual machine with some limitation and no tac support.

Rate if help.