Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 and TMS Management

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I'm having problems adding a DX80 into TMS as a CUCM managed device.

Using the following software:

• CUCM 11
  • TMS 15.2.1
  • DX80 10.2.5.194

I understand there is a known bug logged under CSCup84943 but there is no clear indication as what the status of this is.

Should TMS be able to manage a DX80, is there a work-around?

Thanks, Simon

5 Replies 5

Hi,

For CUCM registered devices refer to Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Administrator Guide (15.2.1) - Adding Unified CM and Registered Endpoints under page 48.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi,

Thanks for this - I previously followed this guide but i still can't get the DX80 to appear as a manageable system in TMS.

DX80 is not listed under the systems outlined under Systems -> Navigator -> <UCM> -> Settings -> Extended Settings.

Thanks, Simon

DX endpoints can't be added into TMS at this time, as you've pointed out it simply isn't supported, and cannot be added into TMS.  Support will come when they release CE software for the DX70/80, should be in the coming months.

If you have questions regarding the enhancement or TMS support for DX70/80, you should contact your Account Manager, they can get you some more information regarding this feature.

I am now running DX80 under CE8.2.1 and still not able to get the DX80 devices recognised under the UCM endpoint. Must be awaiting a TMS upgrade.

Let me know if anyone is able to crack it.

CE software on DX70/80 requires TMS 15.3. This is mentioned in the "Interoperability" section of the CE8.2 Release Notes. Just because TMS supports CE software, it needs to be updated to support the devices that run it, same goes for CUCM. VCS doesn't need any kind of update to register DX endpoints.