cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 not seen by new PC as a monitor

bob.delaney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi- I swapped out PC's and the DX80 is not shown in control panel nor any monitor software (e.g. Display Fusion) as a monitor.  I also do not see the PC "button" on the DX 80 display- I have verified now cabling issues (bad cable/wrong port)

Any ideas?- Does the DX 80 need any windows drivers?- I did not see any on the CCO.  it's been a couple years so not sure there was any SW and I do not have the disk if required

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Should need any drivers or anything, simply plug-and-play.  Did you verify you have everything connected correct, making sure you're using the HDMI In and not the Out?

DX80 Install Guide

Hi thanks- turns out the lenovo documentation for T460 is misleading/wrong- you need the discrete graphics to run >1 monitor.  Looks like a MB swap is required

Looking like a DX80 issue.  I have dual monitor up- only cna have 1 analog and 1 digital output- placed the other monitor on VGA and DX80 will not show the PC "button" on the interface despite swapping cables out.

keep in mind if i undock the Laptop, jacking the HDMI into the PC works

I had the same problem and resolved as follow.

Case 1. My lenovo laptop connect to two external monitor with display port and when I connect DX  80 , it is not working

Resolution :

Connect to the monitor to  docking station with the following combination  

#1.Connect 1 VGA, 1 Display port and 1 HDMI (DX-80) this works fine for me.

or 

#2. Connect  the monitor HDMI to "HDMI-to-USB adaptor", 1 Display port and 1 HDMI (DX-80)  this works fine for me.

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5

Missed the other replies, ignore this ;)

Zaher Juha
Level 1
Level 1

Just use HDMI-TypeC 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: