cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 on CE - can it do multiple layouts like the SX series?

joel
Level 1
Level 1

If I upgrade the DX80s to CE8.2, when I have a multiparty call using conductor as an adhoc bridge, can I get to choose layouts like the SX series?

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I know you can change the layout if you're sharing or receiving content, but not sure when content isn't being presented as it's not mentioned in the DX CE8 User Guide.  You can see in the screenshots of the guide, there is no layout option in the upper right on any of the "Video Calls" pages compared to the "Sharing Content" pages.

joel
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick,

I hit the correct answer by MISTAKE.

I see the answer in the guide. I obviously saw that in the guide. But the question is about multi call not content sharing.

Hoping to find out about multi party call.

The DX supports ActiveControl, so I would think that you could change layouts if you're connected to a Conductor controlled TelePresence Server. I have a few DX80's in my office, I'll set one up tomorrow and take a look. 

When connected to a Conductor managed TelePresence Server, you can use ActiveControl to change the layout presented to the DX70/80 when running CE software.  However, with ActiveControl disabled or using anything else other than a TelePresence Server with ActiveControl, there doesn't appear to by any layout options available.