Views
Helpful
Replies

Dx80 on CUCM 8.6.2 and TMS 13.2

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Fellas,

I have a new Cisco DX80 Endpoint registered on CUCM 8.6.2.  I have other TP units which are registered on CUCM , the rest of the TP units ( CTS 3xxx, 13xx, 500, TX 9000 etc) were pulled into TMS via CUCM from managed Systems. However, the dx80 is not coming up from CUCM to TMS via CUCM registered list.

I have TMS 13.2 , CUCM on 8.6.2

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks,

Saurabh

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the DX80 won't import from CUCM, it could possibly be either the version of TMS you're using is too old and it cannot detect the DX80 as it's a newer endpoint, or it isn't supported to be imported into TMS at all.  If it's not supported to be imported into TMS, you'd have to add it as an unmanaged endpoint, or room as it's refereed to in the older versions of TMS.

I'd suggest you upgrade TMS anyway, as 13.2 is somewhat old, and the current version is 14.6.  There are several TMS upgrade discussions here in the forums that can help if you're not sure, especially if you use VCS provisioning etc.

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for getting back to me. Although I am upgrading my current version of TMS from 13.2 to 14.6 and also my CUCM from 8.6.2 to 9.1.2. Is there any document which says, current version of TMS won't support DX80 and also import from CUCM 8.6.2 won't be possible? 

Thanks,

Saurabh

Nothing in the release notes that I was able to find, however the TMS Admin Guide on pg 73 only provides instructions on how to add the following TelePresence systems from CUCM.

• CTS and TX endpoints
  • Endpoints running TE and TC software

It does say to check the Extended Settings tab of CUCM in TMS to see a list of supported systems that can be added into TMS.

Any plan to solve the issue?

Paulo -

See my reply at the end of this thread. Nothing has been said regarding when, suggest you contact your Cisco Acciunt Manager with the feature request linked in that reply to bring more attention to it as something customers want. The more that push to have it, the likely it might happen sooner. 

Same issue with CUCM 9.1.2 with latest device package and TMS 14.6.

In TMS, when I go in the Systems > Navigator > Settings > Extended Settings

The DX 80 doesn't show up in the list of supported devices.

Does Cisco has a plan to change this?

Hello Guys !

I am facing the same issue . Is there any solution for it.

Regards;

KV

TMS support for DX systems is something I know Cisco is aware of, see CSCup84943., not sure of a timeline or when it will be supported though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: